Criminal Appeals Lawyers Serving New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and New York
Hegge & Confusione's criminal appeals lawyers have over 20 years of experience handling state and federal criminal appeals in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and the Washington, D.C. metro area. If you have been wrongfully convicted of a crime or have received an unfair sentence, an appeal can overturn your conviction or vacate your sentence.
At Hegge & Confusione, our appellate attorneys understand what is at stake for you. We will fight for your constitutional rights to have a fair and impartial criminal process. Your appeal is never just a case number to us. See for yourself! Read about our successes in criminal cases or read reviews by actual clients.
Please keep in mind that the deadlines for most appeals are strictly limited. If you are considering an appeal, it is advisable to get a case assessment from an experienced appellate attorney as soon as possible so your time limit does not expire.
Criminal Appeals, Post-Judgment Relief, and Habeas Petitions
We can help you by:
- Determining if your case can be or should be appealed.
- Working as head or co-counsel for your appellate case.
- Providing legal counsel to your trial lawyers.
- Creating required appellate applications.
- Reviewing briefs and finalizing arguments on your behalf.
Discover your legal options in your appellate case by contacting us now.
When Can a Criminal Conviction or Sentence be Reversed on Appeal?
Just a few types of errors that can justify reversal of a conviction or sentence on appeal include:
- Incorrect instructions to jurors.
- Using inadmissible evidence.
- Misapplying governing law.
- Violation of your constitutional rights by police or the prosecutor.
Because appeals are all we do, our criminal appeals lawyers are excellent at finding the most important errors in your case and emphasizing them to the appellate court.
Need an attorney for a criminal appeal? You need Hegge & Confusione! Contact us today.